Hi all, I’m really trying to get a little better at keeping this rolling, I truly love doing this. I spent Christmas and the week after in Indiana visiting Jon’s Grandma and extended family, it was lovely. We went down to Kentucky and did a couple stops on the bourbon trail-it was so cool! Needless to say being away from home was trying with figuring out food–unfortunately we had a lot of fast food! So, when I got home I NEEDED real food!
The day we got back I got sick, so I was miserable!! My mom was coming over for a little lunch and to spend some time together. I wanted something delicious, comforting and on the simpler side.
I adapted this from Lovely Little Kitchen–if you want to see the original recipe, check out the link below!
There is something beautiful about vegetables caramelizing, look at those beautiful specks of charring, roasting veggies brings out such a great flavor!
This sauce is magical, it was filled with such good flavor, veggies and just oh so creamy! My boss tells me she has NEVER had alfredo–any alfredo!!! She is afraid she will love it too much but I say you SHOULD love food, embrace the taste and how it makes you feel. Just eat the yummy indulgent food in moderation!
- 3 red peppers chopped and roasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 box of whole wheat linguine or thin spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced (I actually grate mine on a box grater to make it easier!!)
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4oz softened neufchâtel cheese
- 2 cups of skim milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup depending on preference of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat to 450 degrees.
- Cook the pasta according to directions on the box.
- Toss the chopped peppers with olive oil, salt and pepper to your liking. Spread the peppers out in a single layer on a foil lined pan.
- Roast red peppers for 15 minutes. Until you start to see some charring on the edges of the peppers.
- In a medium to large pan melt 2 Tbsp butter over medium heat. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant and starting to turn golden. Add in 1 Tbsp of butter and let it melt, add flour and whisk for one minute to make a roux.
- Whisk in cream cheese until melted and smooth.
- Whisk in milk and bring to a slow boil, simmer for 5 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and shredded mozzarella and move heat to low.
- Steam the chopped spinach to pre cook it a little.
- Add the roasted red peppers to a food processor and pulse for a few times to release some of the flavor and juices, most of the peppers should still be whole/solid. If you prefer you could completely grind them down if you’re not a fan of peppers.
- Add the roasted red peppers to the cream cheese garlic roux mixture then add the chopped spinach and mix together with the pasta.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
Let me know if you try it! Always love feed back, did you make it as written or did you change anything??
Original credit goes to this girl!: